Crawford County, along the banks of the Ohio River, has had three county seats, and has moved two towns due to flooding. The first county seat was Freedonia from 1822 until 1843 until it moved a few miles upstream to Leavenworth until 1896 when the county seat moved once again inland to English, where it has been ever since. In 1937 a devastating flood wiped out most of Leavenworth which was moved uphill to its current location. After suffering six floods, English town leaders decided to move the town to a nearby location with a higher elevation. Due to the Oxbow in the Ohio River, there are parts of Crawford County where Kentucky is due north.
Below are a list of trails and routes in Crawford County.